Wednesday, 16 February 2011

My Reception Dress

 I had been reluctant to get another dress, but FH really fancies the idea of me changing into a reception dress because all the weddings he had attended have had the girls do that*. So I caved. I saw this girl (total stranger) in a wedding video whilst I was 'researching' and she wore the most beautiful dress. Inspired by her I searched on the internet for a dressmaker who would make it for me...

How crazy tiny is this world...Her wedding, her dressmaker and I were located in 3 different countries and we had managed to find each other in the end.

The day it dawned on me that I managed to find the exact designer for the dress was one of the happiest of my life. I am still in awe to this day. I'm having this dress made as a reception gown and I asked for a mermaid skirt instead of this gorgeous train, just so that the two dresses remain different styles for the day.

It is a modern Cheongsam and it is going to be bright red. I am getting it after Easter, I can't wait!


*Most people find the wedding dress to be the highlight of a wedding. But if you are Chinese you'd be familiar with the indulgent traditions of wearing more than one dress on the day(s), in which case the styles and color choices magnifies obviously.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...